Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:06:02 -0400
At 13:37 07/07/2004 Wednesday, Paul Russell wrote:
>It is also possible that the messages are being sent to an address which
>is automatically redirecting them to several addresses, including that of
>the individual in question. If that is the case, he/she will have to take
>up the issue with the individual who maintains that particular "service"

I highly discourage re-distribution lists for this very reason PLUS for
those lists that are SEND=PRIVATE, a re-distribution list makes
contributions more "difficult."

As far as QUERY, I prefer to use SCAN because it allows for "AND"
searching of the subscriber address and name fields e.g., if I were a
list-owner of LSTOWN-L and wanted to find some one with the name or
userid or hostname of WEISS at Penn State, I might issue (assuming a
non-peered list)

SCAN LSTOWN-L psu. weis

and no doubt it would find at least

Typically, I have already done a