Michael Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 15:29:33 EDT
>The Editor is able to forward the messages
>to the list, and there is some text at the top of the message that is
>stripped out . . . but  . . . once posted to the list, the return >address
>in the header of the message is always the Editor's -- not the original
>sender's address

I have a bit.listserv.* gateway that I have to approve posts for, and your
question has been a favorite of mine on this list for some years now.  The
quality of responses vary.  This is the first I've heard of the Send=
Editor,Hold option.  I'm giving it a try.  If it works for 1.8c (does it?)
then this is obviously the best option.

My preferred arrangement has always been the Pine bounce command.  Very
simple and quick, but requires a Unix, or Linux, system.  I suspect that
Windows Pine, which requires an IMAP server, might work, but never had the
chance to try it.  Eudora, with modifications to the ini file, will do it,
but will insist on inserting "Resent from *@*" in the From line, at least
Eudora Light does.  This isn't acceptable for me.

The best option for Windows is the Pegasus forward command.  The drawback
here is that nothing is straightforward in Pegasus.  Everything is buried
behind non-intuitive commands that you must search through and grow used to.
  It took me awhile to figure out how to make it work.  If you forward a
message a box appears for an address, and a check box for an editing option.
  Make certain the editing option is not checked, and give your list
address.

Mike Holloway