Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 12:35:23 EST
You're jumping to  conclusions... LISTSERV doesn't really  care about the
trailing  period.  I'm  sure  that  if   you  send  an  ADD  command  for
[log in to unmask] again, you will find  that your password is still
there  afterwards  (at least  if  it's  *literally* 'user3').  Anyway,  I
haven't been able  to reproduce your problem. If you  can reproduce it on
your machine,  please send me  the job and I'll  try with the  exact same
data. The  question about  NTFS was because,  as you know,  FAT is  not a
reliable file system. It is not uncommon  for NT customers who use FAT to
have strange problems that turn out to go away after a CHKDSK.

  Eric