Aman Bawa <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Aug 1994 21:51:00 EDT
Hello,
I was  hoping that some of you out there might have an answer to the problem
I'm having.  Do any of you have listservs that have "mirror" sites?  One of
my lists, aposoc-l, seemed to have problems getting mail to certain areas,
so a few mirrors popped up to help with this problem.  My problem is not these
mirrors per se, but related more to a filter.  I have one user blocked off
my list by using the filter line in my list header.  He can't subscribe to
the list, but he is somehow getting posts because one of my friends got a
letter from this said user that was a reply to a post that friend had made
on my list.  Short of getting rid of the mirrors, is there any way i can deal
with this?  I kind of liked them because they took some of the burden off
our system and also resulted in me getting less complaints from problem areas.
Anyone have any suggestions on this?  I was thinking the only thing I can do
is sit down with anyone running one of those mirrors and ask them to restrict
that user?  The reason I am so into keeping that user off the list is because
he was harrasing other people on my list.  Thanks much for your time.
Talk to you later...Aman.