"Stephen W. Thompson - U. of Penn." <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 10:21:04 -0500
Mike Ramundo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It may be that I'm simply burned-out and confused at the end of a
> long week, but I was under the impression that mail addressed to
> OWNER-<listname> was automatically forwarded to the list-owner.
>
> When I test this, my mail bounces to the postmast id with an error
> message that item rejected because it was sent to a reserved mailbox.
>
> I thought this worked under 1.7f - did I change/forget-to-update some
> parameter when we went to 1.8 or is it just me ???

You are not confused, Mike, though I have not seen any explicit
agreement with you and me in the responses so far.  With 1.7f we asked
subscribers to write all of us owners on QUAKER-L at owner-quaker-l,
which worked fine until 1.8.  With the new version that address was
treated as the "error" that you describe, and we had to scurry to
change all of our WELCOME files and so forth to include
quaker-l-request.  I even sent a message to this LSTOWN-L, which
produced answers that made me similarly feel as if I'd missed
something.

En paz,
Steve
--
Stephen W. Thompson, U. of PA, Data Administration, 215-898-1236
E-mail (MIME): [log in to unmask] (http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~st/st.html)