Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:38:18 -0400
"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
09/14/2005 02:47:56 PM:

> (Reply from Randy Klumph)
>
> If you look at the login page you will notice, very prominently, the
> following
>
> --clipped--
> If you prefer not to set a cookie, use this login button instead:
> "Login without setting a cookie"

Yes, I know it is there. No it doesn't address my concerns.

Do you go out and leave the keys in your door?  Did you write the
combination to your locker on the outside?  Do you leave your password
taped to your monitor?

Leaving the cookie set when they close the browser is like having no real
security. Don't get me started on the stupidity of telling your browser to
remember passwords!