Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:46:25 -0600
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:43:01 -0400, Walter Potter <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>supposedly Lsoft forgot to contact them
>about renewing their license on the Listserv software and it timed out
>automatically.

Humans are well-known to be imperfect.  Therefore, the all-wise, all-knowing
LISTSERV application itself sends email notifications of license expiration at
least once per day starting 45 days before the expiration date.  These go to
the non-quiet postmaster address(s).  Unfortunately, some (imperfect human)
site admins routinely divert all such emails to /dev/null or Windows
equivalent blackhole.  When computers take over the world, all will be as it
should be.  ;-)

(p.s.  I've also got some ocean-view property in Arizona you can buy for a few
beads and trinkets...)