Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:55:30 EDT
>L-Soft does not have an answer, and referred me to this list.

I don't know who you talked to, but L-Soft most assuredly <does> have
an answer.  The answer is that you can't do this with Eudora because
Eudora does not generate Resent- headers when you forward the message
back to LISTSERV.  (Although I think it's been discussed on this list
how to force Eudora to do that in the past.)  The only mail program
I know of that does Resent- fields natively is RiceMail (AKA MailBook)
which is unfortunately only available on VM.  (I cajole the gods daily
for a POP version of MailBook for NT, but that's another story.)  I'm
not sure but Pegasus might be able to be talked into doing Resent-
headers, too.  (Ben, Liam--help?:)

The real solution to the problem is to change the message approval mode
by adding the ",Hold" parameter to the Send= keyword so that all you
have to do is send an "OK" back to approve the message.  The drawback
is, of course, that you can't edit the message before approving it, but
most people don't need to do that anyway.  If you do, I agree that it's
a problem, but if you can't generate Resent- headers, the "forward it
back to the list" method simply won't work.

Nathan