Debra Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:01:22 -0500
I manage two lists and automatically post an stock ADMIN message once
a month (using cron jobs on a UNIX box) on my high traffic list and
twice a month on the low traffic list. The once-monthly message on the
high traffic list has gone through without incident but recently I've
had the twice-monthly message rejected with the claim that it has
already been posted recently. I thought that perhaps it was just
marginally coming in under the timelimit but it has rejected both the
Oct. 15th posting and the Nov. 1st posting with the same error. I also
have a subscriber who posts a FAQ monthly on this low traffic list and
she has gotten the rejection message when she posted it exactly one
month since the October posting.

Neither list is peered and none of the rejected posts have actually
made it out to the membership of the low traffic list since the ones
posted at the beginning of October.

This has been working just fine for years. I just sent the release
command to the server (results below) and found that some recent
changes were made. Would any of these effect the the time period that
produced the rejection message that says "returned to you unprocessed
because it appears to have already been distributed to the XXXXXX
list"? Though I find it very strange that I'm only seeing this on one
list and not the other.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I did a search on the
lstown-l archives for the past two years and didn't find anything
that seems to apply to this problem. Nothing has changed recently on
my system (where the periodic ADMIN posts are generated).

  Master nodes file version:   2000-10-30 15:18:15 (VERS9921)
  NJE peers file version:      2000-08-16 12:27:16
  Internet peers file version: 2000-10-31 04:46:15
  Service file version:        2000-05-08 05:52:30 (VERS9912)
  Alias file version:          2000-11-01 20:11:13
  Running under:               AIX 4.2

I don't know if it has any bearing but I recently turned off
Auto-deletion for a couple of days on the low traffic list to track
down a bouncing forwarded address but once I took care of that, I
restored the header to its original state.

Thank you,

-Debra Douglass
|   No flames were thrown in the creation of this email message.   |
|Debra Douglass          [log in to unmask]     http://www.catrio.org|