Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:41:21 -0500
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Sarah Lawrence wrote:
> Is there a way to have new subscribers automatically sent a particular text
> file (in addition to the Welcome message and the other one with the
> unsubscribe instructions)? If so, can anyone give me a hint about where to
> look in the Listserv 1.8d manual or a hint about how to set it up?

I cannot think, offhand, of an easy way to do it, and, to tell the truth
I don't know why you would want to.  In my experience, subscribers do not
like  getting more than one item when they subscribe: just more to
ignore/delete-without-reading

By "the unsubscribe instructions" I assume you mean the stock stuff sent
as the default mailtpl $SIGNUP which gives more than signoff info (unless
you have changed it in your list .MAILTPL).  You can change that as you
please.  You can also change your listname.welcome in your list filelist
as you please.  Given that you can change both of those as you please,
why do you need a third?

I mean, if two auto messages per list, on signup, are too much for many
subscribers, what would three be?   What is it you want to put into this
third auto item and why can't it be incorporated in one of the other two?

   Douglas