Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 20:51:33 -0400
On 8/17/2007 20:15, Rich Greenberg wrote:
> On: Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 07:39:42PM -0400,Pete Weiss Wrote:
>
> } Does the space before the comma ignore the rest of the operands?
> } Does the space after the comma ignore the rest of the operands?
> }
> } At 19:10 8/17/2007 Friday, Rich Greenberg wrote:
> }
> } >The list has:
> } >* Attachments= No ,filter
> } >* Misc-Options= IGNORE_EMAIL_CASE, DISCARD_HTML
>
> Don't know.  Its been that way forever.  Can any of the Lsoft folks
> comment?
>
> I checked the listowners manual, the examples there show no spaces, So I
> have removed them from my header.

It is my understanding - though I cannot cite chapter and verse of the
documentation - that a space after the '=' is allowed, but that a space
anywhere else in a keyword statement marks the end of the keyword statement.
Everything after the space is treated as a comment, i.e., ignored. I have
fielded problem reports from list owners whose lists were not working as
expected. When I investigated, I found extraneous spaces in the relevant
keyword statement(s). When I removed the spaces, the reported problems
disappeared.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team