Fri, 17 Feb 1995 02:10:00 -0600
As I am the one who started this thread, with what I thought was a
simple question as an aside to Eric in a posting on another topic,
I suppose I should end it.  I didn't intend it to snowball as it did
(yes, I did contribute to the snowball effect, sorry) and I apologize
to everyone who may have been offended by anything said by anyone
and to those bored by the topic.

I have worked in the publishing field, from several angles, myself, so I
understand what Eric says about the economics of publishing. I, and I
believe those who support my position, do not want Eric and LSOFT to lose
by trying to publish a printed manual.  It's something we'ld really like
to have, but if it isn't currently viable, so be it.  I'm perfectly
willing to accept new online material rather than asking LSOFT to
accommodate my wishes at a loss.  Further development of LISTSERV is far
more important.

Shall we accept it as given that Eric will make available printed manuals
as he can, for those who want them?  I shan't have any more questions
about it, but will wait for announcements of availability, if such are
possible.

As to technical writers, Eric (here I go with another aside), there are
a lot of listowners around who are quite good at explaining technical
matters to novices.  You might think about asking them to write parts
of your documentation, the areas with which they are most familiar,
for a nominal fee.  You and Nathan could proofread, make corrections,
put it all together, etc.  Just an idea.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L