Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:23:48 -0500
Not in readable form? What form is it in? If it is a zip file or tar
file, another potential host site would probably prefer to get it that
way and unpack it themselves.

Margaret King
IT Services - Messaging
Michigan State University
Office: 517-432-7324

Quoting Anita Cohen-Williams <[log in to unmask]>:

> All hope is not lost (yet). ASU has the archives but it is not in readable
> form and will not be until the list is restored. And that can't happen
> until I find two ASU faculty members willing to sponsor the list.
> Apparently, my last sponsor left the university and gave the list to
> someone else, who then had it deleted when she left, and I have no idea who
> that was.
>
> The only other alternative is having L-Soft host the list and I cannot
> afford their prices.
>
> ?Anita Cohen?
>

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Anita Cohen-Williams <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
>> Ben,
>>
>> So what you are telling me is that the entire archive of Histarch (1994 -
>> 2016) is gone. Not only is that extremely upsetting, but I wonder if I
>> really want to resurrect the list with another host and try again.
>>

>> *Anita Cohen*   SEO and Social Media Management, MySearchGuru
>> [image: photo] Phone: 888-325-3105
>> Email: [log in to unmask]
>> Website: http://mysearchguru.com
>> <http://twitter.com/anitasearchguru>
>> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mysearchguru>
>> <http://pinterest.com/cohwill/organic-seo/>
>> <https://www.facebook.com/mysearchguru/>
>> <https://twitter.com/anitasearchguru>
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 8:42 AM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Russell,
>>>
>>> What do you consider to be the "participation limitations of
>>> GoogleGroups"?
>>>
>>> David

>>> t.com_products_listplex.asp&d=AwIGaQ&c=SgMrq23dbjbGX6e0ZsSHg
>>> EZX6A4IAf1SO3AJ2bNrHlk&r=dOGCMY197NTNH1k_wcsrWS3_fxedKW4rpKJ
>>> 8cHCD2L8&m=ebUT0_TcNv_FD99fz0tu_Ul7B6smOSbedD9WRmTf3
>>> Hs&s=t1OXd05zaQJwpcWPg0pQc3P6j2wJvuVLnVqEM2FADHU&e=
>>>

>>> This is for paying customers. Historically, they have donated hosting to
>>> a few non-profit orgs (I don't know if they are still taking on
>>> new groups):
>>>

>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__communit
>>> y.lsoft.com_scripts_wa-2DLSOFTDONATIONS.exe-3FINDEX&
>>> d=AwIGaQ&c=SgMrq23dbjbGX6e0ZsSHgEZX6A4IAf1SO3AJ2bNrHlk&r=dOG
>>> CMY197NTNH1k_wcsrWS3_fxedKW4rpKJ8cHCD2L8&m=ebUT0_TcNv_
>>> FD99fz0tu_Ul7B6smOSbedD9WRmTf3Hs&s=Y5t2pjivBhMeNb83l1a1ocZhM
>>> MAstKWLAStOF2JrKU0&e=
>>>

>>> Not listed here is a group of cancer lists to which they donated services
>>> back in 1996. The non-profit org under which they were organized has pretty
>>> much dissolved over the years, but LSoft continues to host several of the
>>> lists, some of which are very active.
>>>

>>> Charles Clausen
>>>
>>> ppml-info.org

>>> write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
>>>
>>> or click the following link:
>>>
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__peach.ea
>>> se.lsoft.com_scripts_wa-2DPEACH.exe-3FSUBED1-3DLSTOWN-2DL-
>>> 26A-3D1&d=AwIGaQ&c=SgMrq23dbjbGX6e0ZsSHgEZX6A4IAf1SO3AJ2bNrH
>>> lk&r=dOGCMY197NTNH1k_wcsrWS3_fxedKW4rpKJ8cHCD2L8&m=ebUT0_TcN
>>> v_FD99fz0tu_Ul7B6smOSbedD9WRmTf3Hs&s=nsaOC7IvApM2zG98nirv-s8