Gabe Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 19:28:11 -0500
"Kodora, Deborah G. (IMCEN)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am currently running Listserv v. 1.8b and will be upgrading to 1.8c
> (which hopefully will be available in the next couple of weeks).  In the
> Site Managers Manual for 1.8c regarding the www interface, does anyone
> know of a web server software that will run on IBM main frame?  It
> appears as though you have to run the web server on the same machine as
> the Listserv, which means I can't use our regular Sun Sparc Netscape
> Commerce Server?  Anyone in the same boat?

Assuming that you mean IBM's VM operating system,
there are two choices -- Sterling Software's
VM Software Division offers one,
and Beyond Software offers another.
I believe that Beyond's server also
supportsor will soon support MVS.

Visit http://WWW.VMD.Sterling.Com/
and http://www.beyond-software.com.

There's also shareware or freeware Web server,
from which at least one of the above products
were developed, but I can't find a pointer to it
via Yahoo right now.

I don't think (DEC's) VMS has been ported to IBM mainframes... ;-)>

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.     Voice: (703) 556-9121
7718 Iroquois Court, Falls Church VA 22043-2516        FAX: (703) 556-0906