Mark McCranie <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Jan 2021 15:18:48 -0500
Hello listserv experts,

As a list owner I'm fairly new to the listserv environment and trying to familiarize myself with the web interface (17.0).  My main objective is to access and eventually analyze log and changelog file content. My list has monthly log files dating back to 2000 and monthly changelog files dating back to 2016 (Change-Log= Yes,Monthly).

Based on my understanding and review of the built in reporting capabilities of the web interface, the records displayed in the List Activity Reports section only connect to the current log, which in our case starts January 2021.  However, I need access to all previous content within log and changelog files.

sub-questions:
1) Can the list activity report interface be configured to connect to archived content (i.e., posts generated previous to the current log)?
2) What options do I have for obtaining copies of archived logs? Should I use the the command line tool to generate copies of log files (i.e., GET listname CHANGELOG-202012)? If yes, does this generate a copy of the log or pull the active copy forward? And, does the GET command used in this manner LOCK the list?
3) Are there tools available to parse log file content and/or port to a local data store (i.e., SQL Server, MS Access)?
4) Other guidance and/or advice?

Thanks in advance,
Mark