"W. K. Bill Gorman" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Sep 1995 17:09:14 -0400
There appears to be an individual, or individuals, operating from the
cam.org node under a number of fake identities, including that of a Roman
Catholic contemplative monk. There are allegations that donations have been
solicited and/or accepted under this guise, for personal profit. There are
also allegations that the person(s) involved may have sent, and may be
continuing to send, forged E-mail messages purporting to "verify" these fake
identities. I suggest that any messages from cam.org regarding this matter
be verified with the postmaster there.

At least one of my lists was hit by this hoaxer, who was not unmasked until
the very last minute to prevent list members being fleeced out of a
substantial sum of money.

This guy apparently is good enough to have taken in CBC Radio at some time
in the past, so I suggest keeping a lookout for his appearance on your lists.

W. K. Gorman
Listowner:  CANINE-L, EQUINE-L, FELINE-L