"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Feb 1993 13:58:00 EST
>I just got two bounces from a user at II.UJ.EDU.PL.  I did a whois search
>on NIC.DDN.MIL and got "unknown host."  Are not all of the eastern European
>nodes "hooked in" to the Internet yet?  Just curious.

>BTW, the original error report from INDYCMS cited "Mailbox not found" as
>the error.

The NIC.DDN.MIL is NOT the repository for registering all Internet
hosts, so it is really no surprise that you couldn't find a "hit".

You might try the finger port (79) or SMTP port (25) to see if this
userid doesn't really exist, though there is NO reason NOT to believe
the original bounce i.e., just QUIET DEL the userid.

/Pete ([log in to unmask])
--
Peter M. Weiss                     | oas.psu.edu postmaster
31 Shields Bldg -- Penn State Univ.| "Connectivity is more than a Connection"