Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:23:02 -0600
Couple of days ago saw this in one of my list's DEMR.  I don't recall
seeing anything like it before and it has me puzzled.  Not a problem
as the errors were only on the one day, but I don't know what to make
of it, nor how auto-delete, or I, could do anything about it if it
persisted.  See below, the one in the middle.
                ------------------
Err First Last  Address
--- ----- ----- -------
                Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.1

  3 11/09 11/09
                Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.1

  2 11/07 11/08 John Doe <[log in to unmask]>
                Last error: Unavailable; DSN status was 5.1.2
                -------------------------------

How does that happen, that there is no info on the source of the error
at all, just a blank?  How is auto-delete, or the listowner, to deal
with something like this, if it persists?  If it persisted, and auto-delete
couldn't deal with it (don't see how it could), I could turn auto-delete
off to get a look at the actual error messages, but I wouldn't have a
clue as to what to look for, far as I can see.   Look for error messages
that don't specify the address they are for, not even where the error
message comes from?

The item has of course repeated in the DEMR of subseqent days, but the
number of errors hasn't increased.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]