Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 18:34:48 EDT
When you get one of those messages, hit the REPLY key (or whatever you
would use to reply, not to make a new message or [cringe] forward it),
and type "OK" or "ok" (case doesn't matter), then send the reply.  It
should go back to LISTSERV, LISTSERV will look at the confirmation number
in the Subject: line, and will confirm the message.

If you have many of these things for different lists, like I do :(, you
can also save the confirmation numbers and send them to LISTSERV in a
batch like this:

OK 92AD34
OK 123456
OK A93l1F

I thought the August 14 revision of the manual was more explanatory on
this subject.  I guess I'll have to try again.  This is the same procedure
used for any "magic cookie" confirmation request.  See Chapter 2.10.7.
If it's still too vague, please write me privately.

And I have to say, if you are still using the May 24 version of the manual,
you're missing quite a lot of updates and changes.  I strongly suggest
that you grab a copy of the August 14 version if so.  I'm still making
changes for a second revision and still welcome comments at

Nathan