Jim Cocks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 May 1997 08:58:44 EDT
On Wed, 7 May 1997 00:00:21 +0200 BRIAN MC NAMARA said:

>this one blew my mind!  does anyone have any ideas about the following:
>
>Mail to `socrates.insight.att.com!asya' from 'JTSA.EDU!owner-parashah'
>(JTSA.EDU!owner-parashah) failed.

 I'm not sure here about what exactly blew your mind.  If it is the
 address then this is a UUCP address.  UUCP is another network that
 is gatewayed to the Internet.  While many UUCP addresses have been
 converted to the Internet domain style addressing there are still
 some of the old "bang" style UUCP addresses around or hybrids as this
 one appears to be.

>The mailer `exec route.toig 'JTSA.EDU!owner-parashah'' returned error
>status
>b00.
>The error message was:
>uux failed ( -11 )

 uux refers to UNIX system to UNIX system command execution, the
 details of which may not be all that relevant.  Suffice it to say
 that the error means that JTSA.EDU!owner-parashah was not able to
 deliver the message to socrates.insight.att.com!asya  .
 Without knowing the specifics of the delivery problem, let it go
 for a few days and see if it gets corrected.

 Cheers,
 Jim Cocks  Univ. of Louisville  <[log in to unmask]>