"John M. Roraback" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 01:38:56 -0500
I operate a set of lists which are interlinked in a number of ways, and which
are open to subscription "by_owner" only. Subscribers to the lists qualify by
sending information to me, and I add a new subscriber to the entire set of
50+ lists all at once. All but one list is configured so that "NOMail" is the
default, and the subscriber is free to SET any of the other lists to MAIL,
DIGEST or INDEX as they may desire. There are 700+ subscribers at this time.

As I am sure you all have experienced, subscribers frequently change ISP's
and need to change their subscription address. I use a macro to create a set
of commands to delete the old address and add the new address to all lists,
but I am wondering if their is a better way that I have just missed in
reading the manual (we use ver 1.8b).

Specifically, is there a way a current subscriber can change the address at
which they receive mail in a way such that the same command confirms that the
subscriber is currently on the roster, deletes the original address, adds the
new address, and, most importantly, preserves the subscriber's current mail
receipt options?

I realize that if the lists were open the subscribers could just unsub and
resub with the new address, but I am interested in preserving the closed
nature of the lists, while avoiding the work of doing it myself.

Or, short of that, is there a snigle command I can issue?

Thanks,

  John

 John M. Roraback, Ph.D.
 PsyUSA Network Manager