Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 00:38:22 -0800
I tried this on one of our lists as follows

query LSN with topic:LEA

but it returned a response stating in part

>The WITH list is unknown to [log in to unmask] Your request is
>being     forwarded     to      the     nearest     backbone     server,
>
>The TOPIC:LEA list is unknown to [log in to unmask] Your request
>is    being     forwarded    to     the    nearest     backbone    server,

Did I get the syntax wrong?

Sherry Beauchamp

>I know how to do a QUERY list WITH TOPIC:xxx, but I'd like to know if
>there is a way to find out which users do not have a specific topic
>selected.
>
>Short of this, is there some software (for a PC or ANSI C) that will
>decode the user options returned in a "GET list"?  That way I could
>write my own.
>
>TIA.
>
>--
>Daniel

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily