David Silberberg <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 12:34:44 -0600
At 11:55 AM 12/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I have 2 lists that always seem to keep getting held on me and everytime I
>free them I get the following:
>

>The RA-MAHZOR list has been freed, 4 files have been released.
>
>then I get this..
>
>An error occurred while logging mail  to the archives of the RA-MAHZOR
>list. An incomplete copy of the message might  be present in the archive
file.
>Thelist is being held to prevent further occurrences of this error.

This happens to our list when we run out of disk space for the
digest/archives/index/or whatever the hell the list needs disk space for.

You free the list, it tries to send messages AND copy them to the digest
space, but can't - so, instead of losing digest messages, it "holds" the list.

You need to free up space - either by deleting some archive files yourself,
or having the site maintainer do it.

David Silberberg
Blues-l Co-list-mom