Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:44:52 -0400
At 14:49 07/01/2002 Monday, Koilpillai, Donald (DIS) wrote:
 >One of our users has encountered a problem that I don't have the answer to.
 >Can someone please shed some light on this? They have set up a topic like
 >the one below.  But when they send out postings to the Technical Bulletins,
 >it does not reach anyone in the topic, but all goes to "Other", which is the
 >207 subscribers.   They say that they have not altered the list.   This has
 >been happening since the day they have set it up.

Make sure that the TOPICS have NOT EVER BEEN re-ordered

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/qs/topics.html

"WARNING – Once the Topics= keyword has been initially coded, you must
never reorder the topics in the keyword definition. This could seriously
impair the topic capability of your list."

I'm not sure what the max string length is for a topic (I looked in the
docs and could not find it).

 >Also, is there a way to send posting to all the subscribers (746) in the
 >list at one time?

Yes:

SUBJECT: ALL: blah-blah-blah