Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:01:21 -0500
> Are the replies going directly to the senders of the messages, or are they
> going to the list and getting distributed?

That usually depends on list configuration. But there's a third possibility:
some OOO messages go to the "Sender:" address in the message header. That
generally means the list owner gets them--one per post to the list.

I'm generally NOMAILing the subscription and sending a notice explaining why
I'm doing so, with a link to the archive so they can catch up on lost mail.
I also make a note of the return date, go back in the next day, and set the
subscription back to MAIL.

That might be too much involvement for a lot of list owners, but it happens
to fit in pretty well with my overall method of minding problem
subscriptions.

Hal Keen