Sylvie McGee <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 08:03:59 -0800
On Mon, 13 Feb 1995, Sharon Shea wrote:

> I had an AOL person write saying:
>
> >Okay, another thing.  As an AOL user, I am required to put some kind of
> >subject in, yet when I communicate with the listserv I am told not to put
> >anything in subject.  Is there a convention in that case?  Thanks!
>
> What to do?
>
> -Sharon

I often use the subject line to make a note to myself of what command I
am sending in the body of my message to listserv - it helps when I am
managing multiple changes - a deletion here, a database query there,
etc...I have not had any problem with this, nor has it generated error
messages.

I mail in Pine, from a UNIX based system...Am I somehow courting trouble
and don't know it?

Sylvie McGee
seattle wa