Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 11:41:49 MST
On Tue, 13 Dec 1994 10:26:22 -0700 Rick Narad said:
>What if we all adopted a policy of filtering any commercial site which
>originated a spam?  We could either post and/or set a message to any legitimate
>subscriber at this site explaining that because their service was
>irresponsible, they wouldn't be on the list anymore.  We could either do a

   Inappropriate and unfair.  The SERVICE isn't responsible for this jerk.
He violated the contract he signed, so he's been dumped.  netcom.com must
have a hundred thousand members...and why penalize them for the action of
one guy that is gone already?
   It appears that netcom canned him before he even got to the end of
the alphabetical list of lists, as they started getting replies minutes
after he hit the first list in the middle of the night.  Remember, the net
never sleeps.....

    cyclops, who has yet to meet a net service provider who didn't can idiots

  Dan Lester                          Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Network Information Coordinator     WWW: http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
  Boise State University Library
  Boise, Idaho  83725                 In the kingdom of the blind, the
  208-385-1235                        one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus. 1523