Mon, 21 Nov 1994 08:02:06 -0600
On Sun, 20 Nov 1994, Aaron Gerlach wrote:

>    On the subject of fileowners that we have been having.  Earlier in the
> week someone had posted that a specific person can be assigned a specific
> file assuming that they have their own personal fac...using the'* LF='format.
> The only facs that I know of are ALL and OWN.  Can anybody explain how
> each person can have their own fac.

A FAC can be any three letter combination, in my understanding.  OWN seems
to be special, in that it refers to the listowner(s) in the list header.
(Right, Jim, Eric?)  Our filelist happens to use the FAC AUT (AUThorized) so
it would be,
*+ AUT= userid@address

If you wanted to have a FAC for special files for someone named Sam,
you could have
*+ SAM= samsuserid@samsaddress

and then when the file(s) in question is added to the filelist you'ld have

filname filetype  ALL  SAM

so everyone could GET the file but only SAM could PUT it.
Of course, no one could GET the file until Sam actually did PUT it.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner