Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:50:51 -0500
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Tom Rawson wrote:

>On 26 Sep 00, Dennis Budd wrote:
>
>> Just to be clear here, you mean using Pegasus's "forward without
>> change" (I forget exactly what it's called in Pegasus, but it does the
>> same thing as a "bounce"), and not Pegasus's normal forwarding
>> function, which allows you to edit the forwarded message but also
>> includes it in your own mail envelope.
>
>If you forward from the folder window with the message selected, or in the
>message reader and leave "edit before forwarding" unchecked, Pegasus will
>use Resent- headers, and will not allow editing.

That's what I meant.  It's been a year or two since I've used Pegasus,
and I no longer have it available to call up for reference.  I had to
rely on imperfect memory.

>If you forward in the
>message reader and check "edit before forwarding" then you get a new
>envelope, and can edit the message.
>
>Since I filter most incoming mail into folders, editing the original
>message is tough.  To do the kind of editing described here I would
>forward using the first method, then edit the output file (.PMX I think)
>before sending -- assuming "send immediately" is turned off.

That's how I'd do it if I didn't have shell access to a Unix account.
This is the only way I've seen that will work with a Wintel PC mail
client, unless a similar kludge is available with Eudora, which also
will not let you edit a "bounced" message.

Fortunately, I don't need to do this very often.

Dennis