Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 09:54:10 -0700
On Sat, 14 Feb 1998 16:25:54 -0500, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On the Listserv where my lists reside at midnight, for more than an hour,
>the Listserv is busy sending out digests. Nothing else can get done. No web
>interface. What can be done about this? Most of the lists do not have a
>digest line in them, so they are using defaults.

If you have notebooks enabled for the list, then digest is also enabled by
default, even if there is no specific Digest=  line in the List header.  You
can put in Digest= lines in all the list headers that will force the various
digests to be 'cut' at different times other than 2400 and this will spread
the load somewhat.  Note the digest time has granularity only on the hour,
it cannot be set for 23:45 (well, it can, but the digest will be cut at
2300, not 23:45).