"Pauline M. Marshall" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:57:52 -0500
On Sun, 31 May 1998, Ted Sandoval wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the following error might be?

> [005] Mail retry count exceeded sending to:
>   CHANDNET  /DP1PO

My guess would be that the number of retries to deliver to this address
has met the max.  ie, this person is unreachable..... This address is
similar to the 'the message has not been delivered for 4 hours, will keep
trying to send for 5 days.'  Well, this person has reached the 5 day
limit, and the mail software has given up on them.

| Pauline M. Marshall    /  /               SmallDogs list Listowner |
| [log in to unmask]      /  /  [log in to unmask] |
|                SmallDogs - Small Dog Discussion List               |
| [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask] |
|                                        Info?send the command: help |
| http://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~corchard/smalldog.html              |