Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:40:00 -0500
Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> One of my colleagues has an unmoderated list. He wants his department's
> receptionist to be able to post messages on his list, but not receive any
> messages from the list or have access to the list's archived messages.
> Subscribing the receptionist and setting her subscription options to
> NOMAIL will not prevent her from accessing the list's archives. Does
> anyone have a suggestion on how this might be done?

Try this: make 2 lists, a SuperList (with the secretary subscribed) that
does not keep archives.  The Sub-List (with all of the departmet's
recipients) that does keep archives.

There may be more elegant solutions, but I can't think of any.

Actually, maybe I can.  Rather than making her a subscriber, add her as an
Editor WITHOUT subscribing her.

Chris Barnes                                AOL IM:  cnbarnes
[log in to unmask]                       ICQ:     3581645