Michael Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:14:19 -0800
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, George Buckner wrote:

> Lacking that, is there any way to check the history of subscriber
> additions and deletions to calculate list membership statistics for a
> period of time?

The only way that I've been remotely able to collect such statistics has
been to archive all subscription requests, approvals, and "XYZ has left
the list" messages.  Also helpful is to periodically send "REVIEW listname
(BY COUNTRY" to get statistics about numbes of subscribers broken down by
country.

Note that the (BY COUNTRY list doesn't take into account that the COM,
NET, ORG, NAME, BIZ, INFO, etc. top-level domain names do not even
remotely guarantee that the address-holder is a resident of any particular
country.  Further, you can bet that not 100% of the holders of addresses
in .CC, .TO, and .TV, don't live in those countries.

--
Michael