Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 May 1997 15:04:51 -0600
At 10:12 AM 5/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I can set a filter that will be case sensitive and always pick up
>
>Is there ever a time when the to will come through in mixed or lower case?

no

>The same applies to a list I own The Life & Music of Ludwig van
>Beethoven.  I filter of the exact to:
>
>To: Recipients of LUDWIG digests <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Again, this should never change.  Or can/will it?

No.

Besides, if it is YOUR OWN LIST you can be SURE it won't change, because it
would take you or your postmaster to change it.

Besides, you can set your to filter to NOT be case sensitive....and until
someone else sets up another list with the same name on the same server, no
problem.  And of course they can't do that.  So if you're just character
matching the whole thing without regard to case, no problem.  Period.  Ever.

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534