Fri, 18 Nov 1994 08:04:16 -0600
On Fri, 18 Nov 1994, Roger Burns wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Nov 1994, Jim Gerland - Network User Support wrote:
>
> > * +LF1= userid@address /* real name */
> > * +LF1= userid@address /* real name */
> > *
> > * +LF2= userid@address /* real name */
> >
> > where LF1 and LF2 are any three letter File Access Control you want to
> > setup.

With all due deference to Jim Gerland, our fine LISTSERV postmaster at
UBVM, I *think* that should be
*+ LF1= userid@address    rather than
* +LF1= userid@address
shouldn't it?  Or does it make no difference?

> How can I have several users be owners of that file?

For each file, use a different FAC.  For files 1, 2, 3  with owners
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I

*+ LF1= ownerA@addressA
*+ LF1= ownerB@addressB
*+ LF1= ownerC@addressC
*+ LF2= ownerD@addressD
*+ LF2= ownerE@addressE
*+ LF2= ownerF@addressF
*+ LF3= ownerG@addressG      etc., etc.

I assume, but don't know for sure, you could do that:
*+ LF1= ownerA@addressA,ownerB@addressB,ownerC@addressC
and just skip putting in their names.  Or does the filelist not work
as the list header does?

> And how can I add a generic "OWNER" to the list of other users (without
> literally adding the list of current owners, which might change)?

Don't know if you can, as not exactly sure what you want to do.
But I'm not sure I'ld know how to do it even I were sure of what you want.
Someone else had best handle that question.

For our filelist you might say I am the generic owner, as I own all the
files.  If I don't PUT or delete the files, it doesn't happen.  I'm
not sure I would *want* a lot of different people messing with the
filelist, so I've never bothered to learn the details of having a lot
of different file owners.  But I can see where you might want that if
you have files that are being constantly modified.  If that's the case,
an FTP site might be more what you want.  Then anyone to whom you give
the passsword can add and change files.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner