Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Aug 1994 20:43:44 EDT
On Fri, 12 Aug 1994 17:36:57 -0600 Pat Letendre said:
>Hi.I'm new to the group,so please bear with me.My question is this:Is there
>a way to stop getting mail from a listserv temporarily without signing off
>and then resubscribing later? Thanks,Pat
>
>Pat Letendre
>E-mail:[log in to unmask]

Pat, you need the NOMAIL option.  A user who wants to stop getting mail
  temporarily from a list should send a message to the appropriate
  LISTSERV saying:  set <listname> nomail

  Thus, for Autocat which is at ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu
    a subscriber should send a message to: [log in to unmask]
    saying: set autocat nomail

    To resume receiving mail the subscriber  should send a message
     to the same address saying:   set <listname> mail    or
     if the user wants a digest:   set <listname> digest

  You, as a listowner, can also set an account to NOMAIL by sending
    a message to the listserv saying:
     set <listname> nomail for <userid@node>   (without the brackets)

     You can also set the user to MAIL or to DIGEST using the same syntax.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of [log in to unmask]
  Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Bitnet:   ulcjh@ubvm