Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 19:34:16 -0400
Lori Cmelak <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Does anyone know what would be causing this message??
[...]
> Error-Text: Mailer  gate.CO.BROWARD.FL.US  said: "554 sendmail:  0832-121
> The rewrite expansion is too long."

It means that Sendmail, the mail  transport agent at gate.co.broward.fl.us,
the  machine  handling delivery  for  [log in to unmask], hit  an
internal limit and bounced the  message therefore.   You  may want to  tell
[log in to unmask] ... this sort  of thing should not  happen
and he or she will  probably be interested.   On the other  hand, he or she
may already know because the same problem  is likely to  be affecting a lot
of other mail ...  so you could just  wait a day  or  two, perhaps set  the
person to NOMAIL if you are getting a lot of error mail ...
--
  Norm

remember the sabbath day, to keep me wholly  archived.  six days shalt thou
edit, and do all thy  compiles; but the seventh day  is the sabbath of  the
system administrator, who shall earn time and a half therefor:  in it, thou
shalt suspend all user processes, and create my weekly tar dumps.