Rob Woiccak <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 09:52:03 EST
>>I imagine that a
>>LISTSERV-style digest would work as well, though I don't have one handy
>>to test it on.

>e-mail [log in to unmask] the following two lines:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but that involves *work*. ;) ReadMail worked fine with
the LISTSERV digest (which, as it turns out, is RFC 1153 compliant). If
the digest is part of a mailbox file, you will have to open it manually.
If the digest is a separate file, ReadMail opens it automatically for you.

By the way, ReadMail is a DOS program. I've used it in a dosbox under
Windows, but I prefer not to to keep the memory overhead to a minimum.
ReadMail will require some configuration. It recognizes a number of mailbox
but you will have to set it up yourself if yours is not one of them. In
any event, you will have to configure it for sending mail. I think it
has some defaults for UUCP and SMTP formats, but I had to tweak it anyways.

_O_ Rob Woiccak