PsyNet USA <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 23:02:37 EST
In a message dated 97-12-08 18:32:43 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> >Is there a command for 1.8b which blocks attachment files?  I tried
> >files=no  but it didn't work.
>
> You can't specifically prevent attachments.  What you can do is set
> Sizelim=(200) in your list header.  This sets a maximum number of lines for
> the msg (including all headers).  You may need to experiment with your
list(s)
> to determine whether to make it larger or smaller, but it will prevent all
but
> very small attachments.

Lately I have been seeing an increasing number of very small file
attachments(e.g. "vcf" files and others) which would sneak in under the 200
line limit.

Don't know if it's feasible, but one of my wish list items for LISTSERV would
be a selectable option on file attachments.

John Roraback

John Roraback