Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:21:06 -0500
On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Jacob Haller wrote:
> Of course if your site isn't using qmail then qmail can't be the source of
> the problem.  But you asked why the 'confirm' message appeared as being
> appended to another message, and the answer is that it's because of the
> double-blank after "From" in the first line of the mail message.

   I remember we had this problem when I was at the U of Windsor and
we were running IRIX 5.x on an sgi using sendmail and an old version of
Elm. As I recall, the system administrator made a change in the
sendmail.cf file *though* replies to the problem from the Elm usenet news
group said it could be fixed by moving to the current verison of Elm.
Since we changed both, I don't know if just moving to a different version
of Elm would fix it.

--Trish