Wed, 6 Jul 1994 23:34:24 +0200
Can people other than the postmaster and listowner remove someone from a list?
The reason I ask is that I was removed from the ARCH-L list over the weekend.
I had set my subscription to "nomail", been told by LISTSERV that everything
was fine, and when I tried to set it to "mail" last night, was told that I had
been removed from the list entirely. David Carlson, the listowner had not been
notified of this, and neither had I. Could a hacker have gotten in and
dispatched me? Or, is this a common problem (it has never happened to me
before, in fact, usually I have trouble getting off lists!).

Anita Cohen-Williams; Reference Services; Hayden Library
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ  85287-1006
PHONE: (602) 965-4579              FAX: (602) 965-9169
INTERNET: [log in to unmask] Owner: HISTARCH