Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:44:56 -0600
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:05:54 -0400, Michael Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We would like to the latest edition of our publications to new subscribers,
>however I can't find a way to have ListServ send to subscribers based on
>subscription date via mail merge, or any other way for that matter.

The normal way this is done is to replace the listname.WELCOME file with the
most recent newsletter.  Then edit the $SIGNUP template in listname.MAILTPL to
contain all the stuff you want in the 'Welcome' message.

Since both the WELCOME file and the $SIGNUP template are sent out when a new
subscriber joins it works fine.

THe Subscription date is not accessible to any use or querying, especially not
as a conditional for a mail-merge.