"Jean W. Leloup (Flteach)" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 13:03:52 -0400
Hello,

I have someone who has tried unsuccessfully to subscribe to our list, FLTEACH.
I finally added her manually but immediately the messages began bouncing.  I
sent a note to the postmaster at that site, and he responded immediately.  He
says his system "reacts differently to case of letters" and he suggested I
resub her using lower case.  The problem:  I had already done that, but I tried
it again.  When I sub this person using lower case for her address, it comes
back from [log in to unmask] in upper case.

MAIL> spawn send ub quiet add flteach [log in to unmask] Regina Guimaraes
MAIL>
(UBVM)LISTSERV - * Regina Guimaraes  <[log in to unmask]> has
MAIL>
(UBVM)LISTSERV - * been added to the FLTEACH list. No notification
MAIL>
(UBVM)LISTSERV - * has been sent.

Is this woman doomed forever to ride the listserv MTA or is there something I
can do about this?  I got out my trusty manual but could not find anything to
address this case sensitivity issue.  Thanks for your help.

Jean

+  Jean W. LeLoup                   | [log in to unmask]
+  co-manager of FLTEACH            | ICC Department
+  Foreign Language Teaching Forum  | State Univ. of New York/Cortland
 http://www.cortland.edu/www/flteach/