Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:45:20 -0400
On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Nevena Soskic wrote:

> Hi
>
> We would like for listserv to compare two or more lists and extract all
> the duplicate e-mail addresses found on these lists. What I would like
> to ask is can we get listserv to de-dupe across lists?
>
> I also have another question.
>
> When I send the following command to listserv: REVIEW LISTNAME SHORT
> NOHEADER BY COUNTRY, I receive list membership numbers by country. The
> question I would like to ask in relation to this is how does listserv
> determine where an e-mail address has come from? Is it by the .com or
> .co.uk, for example, or is it determined by gateway?

I do not know if Listserv has this feature, but if it doesn't, its easy to
simulate. You just set up a dummy list then write a little script in the
programming language of your choice to read the first list then quietly
subscribe those who are subscribed to that list to the dummy list. Repeat
this for each list you have in mind. Listserv will tell you if a
subscription has already been added to the list in its output messages.