Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:21:01 -0500
Pat Letendre wrote:
> Something just happened that I thought was impossible.
> A subscriber on "review" was able to post directly to the list
> (message did not come to me for approval). See a portion of the list
> header below (e-maill address and list name changed).
> Can anyone explain how this might happen? Thanks!
> ----relevant part of header---------
> Subscription= Open,Confirm
> Send= Editor
> Default-Options= Repro,SubjectHdr,Review
> Editor= [log in to unmask],(LISTNAME-L)
> Owner= [log in to unmask]

This was covered some time ago, there was a long argument about it with
Eric Thomas.  UB is now on 14.4, not 1.8e, so you can no longer use
what Eric calls "the kludge," namely:
> Editor= [log in to unmask],(LISTNAME-L)

Just take the ",(MEDLAB-L)" out of the Editor line.

For the rationale, see the LSTOWN-L archives.

Actually, with the amount of junk mail that used to be sent to MEDLAB-L
I'm surprised this didn't happen earlier.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]