Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:31:11 -0500
ccsi.com has an MX record that points to backup.ccsi.com (sounds messed
up) as well as an A record.

mail.ccsi.com has an A record and no MX.

What address are you sending to?  If it's [log in to unmask], then there might
be a problem if the MX (backup.ccsi.com) is down, or not forwarding mail
to the proper server for ccsi.com.    I tried to connect to
backup.ccsi.com, and it timed out.  Most MTAs will deliver to the A record
if there is no MX record, but in this case, there is an MX that is not
responding.  Most MTAs do not try an A record if there is an MX that
fails.

mail.ccsi.com did answer on port 25.

Sounds like they need a DNS Dope Slap.

"LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
12/19/2005 03:03:40 PM: