Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:22:53 -0500
Thanks Nathan.

Interestingly, for each message sent to the list this user
auto-replied to owner-mxg-l.

mp

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:33:29 -0500 mp said:
>I was wondering how listserv caught this Out-of-Office message.
>
>I have been told LSOFT can not identify and protect the list from these.

Starting with 1.8d this is not entirely true.  LISTSERV can identify
<some> formats of OOO mail and ignore them.  I don't know which formats,
unfortunately, but since most OOO mail is freeform and there is no standard
for it, the problem is one of deciding exactly how to <identify> a given
piece of mail as an OOO message.

>I assume it must be OPENMAIL specific flag in the header - Autoreplied

Nope.  It was caught because it was sent to the owner-mxg-l address,
exactly as it says in the error you forwarded.  Anything explicitly sent
to that address is evaluated as an error, period, whether it is OOO
mail, user unknown, whatever.

Nathan