Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:47:11 -0500
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Ben Parker wrote:
> I'm also slightly puzzled because you said the site where your list is hosted
> is running VM.  If so, I am under the impression (please correct me) that the
> LISTSERV WWW interface is not available on VM.  The feature being discussed
> here <[log in to unmask]> applies only to viewing the list message archives
> via the WWW interface for lists with Notebook= ..., Public.   List message
> archives requested by email commands will show the actual email addresses.

I'm glad that you cleared that up that the described behavior is seen only
in "public" lists; all my lists are "private."  I am puzzled though as
to how one "logs in" to a public list archive, and what the point of doing
so is.

As to searching list archives by email, well, that's how I still do it, but
I doubt there are a great many who do, particularly nonsubscribers to a
public list.

Douglas Winship   [log in to unmask]