Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 14:34:52 -0500

I received the following error report several times today so
far...indented for clarity...

>Subject: FACEBLIND: error report from LBORO.AC.UK
>
>The enclosed mail file has been  identified as a delivery error for list
>FACEBLIND because it was sent to the reserved 'owner-faceblind' mailbox.

Okay, I do have a few people on my list subscribed from the ac.uk domain.
However, this is not one of those people.  Furthermore, upon doing a
review of my list (to see if somebody might have somehow gotten
around the need for me to manually subscribe them...such as if somebody
had spoofed my e-mail address) I found no such address as this particular
one to which this error corresponds.

Upon doing a finger of this sight, just to see what I could find out, I
got the following message which has been indented with the ">" character
for readability::

>$ finger [log in to unmask]
>
>Finger isn't supported on this service - try lboro.ac.uk instead
>
>Eudora users at Loughborough should set their "finger" and "Ph"
>servers to:
>
>  dir.lboro.ac.uk
>
>For staff contact information, see also our World-Wide Web server:
>
>  http://www.lboro.ac.uk/
>
>--
>Martin Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>

I do have a subscriber from lboro.ac.uk but upon querying
that, I get a "connection timed out" error from the finger utility.

When I finger for [log in to unmask] I get the following:

>$ finger [log in to unmask]
>*** Your search didn't find anything
>*** Here is some general information...

with the lenghty general information snipped out.

My question then is, am I to assume that there is some sort of e-mail
forwarding going on between my subscriber at lboro.ac.uk and this
[log in to unmask] ?  Or is there something else I should be
worried about?

Glenn Alperin