"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 16:01:00 EDT
I have sent you ("GIVE") separately Jim Gerland's
instructions which are also separately retrievable
by emailing [log in to unmask]  the text

get lsvowner fil-list

also

index lsvowner

As a list-owner, I have yet to have to mess around with
FILEID.

As far as the FAREWELL and WELCOME files, they are
practically identical to any file that you can store in your
filelist.  To maximize their utility though, you should
following the convention (for those particular files) where
the first line of the file is a subject: line, and the
second line is blank e.g., (minus the indentation)

     Subject: Welcome to xxxxxx: please SAVE for future reference

     Thank you for joining our list xxxxx ...

The reason for having the first 2 lines like that is because
LISTSERV will send the WELCOME and FAREWELL e-mail with that
as a Subject: as opposed to some generic (in English)
Subject:.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"